LEGO® Education SPIKE™ Essential is the cross-curricular STEAM solution for primary education. SPIKE Essential engages students in hands-on investigation of STEAM concepts while contributing to literacy, math, and social-emotional development. Standards-aligned learning units use everyday themes, relatable Minifigures with different personalities and familiar LEGO® building elements to solve problems through storytelling.
SPIKE Essential consists of a main classroom brick set with a wide variety of LEGO® elements and intelligent hardware, along with the intuitive SPIKE™ App, all of which is accompanied by a selection of unit plans and comprehensive online and in-app support.
SPIKE Essential excites students and delivers strong STEAM learning outcomes, developing their STEAM knowledge and practices, and 21st century skills.
- For Ages 6 – 10
- Can be shared between 2 children at a time
- Sturdy storage box with colour-coded sorting trays
- Includes 449 bricks (with replacement packs)
- 5 hardware components
– LEGO® Technic™ Small Hub (The Brain)
– LEGO® Technic™ 3×3 Color Light Matrix
– LEGO® Technic™ Color Sensor
– LEGO® Technic™ Small Angular Motor
– Small Wheels
- Set includes 40 standardised lesson plans
(Contact email@example.com for customised lesson plans & worksheets)
- Each learning unit includes:
– A unit-wide theme: Great Adventures, Amazing Amusement Park, Happy Traveler, Crazy Carnival Games and Quirky Creations
– A learning sequence with one introductory lesson, several guided practice lessons and one open-ended project
– 7-8 lessons Additional 30+ minute language arts and math extensions for each lesson
– 6-10 hours of content